Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Bullet Point Beliefs #1

* I believe that just by sheer volume, there are more talented cartoonists in animation than there are writers. But I also believe that when you're talking about who is "great" the ratio of great:good:mediocre is probably equal.

* I believe we are living in an era of disposable cartoons. Shows that are meant to get laughs now, and if they stand the test of time later, so be it. South Park is a perfect example. Many of those episodes won't stand the test of time, but I wouldn't want to live in a world where they didn't do "Trapped in a closet" or the "World of Warcraft" episode.

* I believe if John K thinks you can do cheap animation well (ala Roger Ramjet, and I agree) and that grunting bears are hilarious ("Boo Boo Runs Wild" was a hilarious cartoon.) and that he has the vision and ability to make great cartoons (which I agree) he should stop complaining about what's wrong with animation and use his friends, clout, believers and connections to make a series already. For a guy who hates words, he sure uses a lot of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John K, as talented as he is, has a martyr complex. If he doesn't whine and complain about his plight he ceases to exist.